Friday, August 20, 2010

8/20/10 - Departure Delayed One Day


Well, I had planned to hit the road today, but I had a few things that needed tending to this morning so I'm gong to depart tomorrow AM. That's the great thing about a no-plan-plan, you can call an audible on the fly and it really doesn't matter. Leaving on Saturday also allows me to exit the Bay Area without frying my clutch and risking my life in the weekday morning commute that now includes teenagers and nervous mothers hunched over steering wheels of minivans packed with screaming brats on their way back to school.

I packed up all my gear yesterday and it turns out I have storage room to spare. I thought lack of storage space would be an issue, but it's not. Now I have plenty of room to collect lots of chachkies along the way. Perhaps a pair of Old Faithful boxers from Yellowstone?

Well, I'd better get going. Kelly requested that I make Grilled Chicken Caesar salad for the Last Supper at home tonight, so I've got to go get supplies. More from the road tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment