Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/26/10 - A Day of Rest

Well gang, I apologize for doing nothing interesting today. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, stuffy nose and general cold symptoms. I suspect my body was requesting a day of rest, so I went to CVS and loaded-up on Vitamin C before the rain started. It's supposed to storm throughout the mid-Atlantic states for the next 2 days - Great. I spent most of the day doing some work on the PC and watching ballgames. Matt Kane looked solid in the Giant's win over Colorado that was fortunately televised on ESPN. I also saw a good game between the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints that the Falcons won in OT. Miami just took the lead 17 - 14 over the Jets in the Sunday night game. Is it just me or was the invention of Sunday Night Football the greatest thing since the invention of Monday Night Football? the Jets just responded with a touchdown to take the lead 21 -17.

Tomorrow I'm planning to head southwest towards the Dragon's Tail on the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.

2 comments:

  1. John, my last rip I planned on 2 rest days for the 29 days I was on the road. it was not enough, I'm convinced it needs to be at least 1 rest day per week.

    Looking forward to your story on the Dragon's Tails. I had a blast there!

    Stay well and safe.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comment, I live in a sports-free enviornment.

    ReplyDelete